Saturday, August 23, 2008

The last days

On Wednesday I started to pack all my belongings. Finally I had two suitcases with a weight of about 32kg, which was rather expensive :-(. Who knows, maybe I'll need all these things *gg*.

On Thursday I left home at arround 8 a.m. and we have been at the airport on time. Check-in was quite fast and I got seat 4C on a Fokker 70 (the one I've requested as I booked the flight online). My flight OS345 was ontime and therefore I arrived after a 2 hours flight in Helsinki-Vantaa Airport. It's a great airport, just a bit smaller than Vienna compared by the number of passengers, but everything is located within a close walking distance. When you get off the coach coming from the plane you just have to make arround 30 steps until you're at the baggage claim, another 20 steps until you're at the arrival area and 30 more steps to the taxi stands. That's a perfect layout!

As EU citizen I even don't have to show any passport so I was out of the airport within 15 minutes after arrival. Excellent.

Walking out to the arrival area, my tutor and roommate "Keke" was already waiting for me with my name on an envelope. Together with Annemarie, a student from Berlin, we took a taxi to our appartment (which was paid by our university ... that's OK ^^).

Travelling was finished for today :-).

No comments: