Saturday, December 6, 2008

My last week & House building

Saturday, 06.12.2008

Time passes by soooo fast, horrible! In exactly one week from the time I write this article, I will land at Vienna International Airport again and my ERASMUS periode will be over by then :-(.

What I did today: I educted myself a bit in concerns of Finnish building construction habits (greets to my HTL :-D ). That means, I passed by a few detached, semi-detached and flat buildings in my area to see how they are building their houses here. At many places I have been yet, there are mostly flat buildings but hardly any detached houses. That's the reason why I tried and managed to find them. At all I have to say that there are very few building sites here in Helsinki region.


A quite modern flat building, with glazed balconies and a clinker bricking-up, as it is common here.

A typical but a little bit older detached house.

With different coloured wodden lagging.

A newer detached house with a plastered facade.

And, wow, a building site.


And another building site for a condo building. All concrete.

My plans
What I'm doing this upcoming week? As I have my last exam on Monday and no classes except Thursday and Friday any more, I'll use this time for travelling to Riga & Vilnius.


My exact plans: On Monday afternoon (08.12.) --> Going by train to Tampere. Flying from Tampere to Riga with Ryanair (Round-trip ticket booked for EUR 2,00 total ^^). Enjoy Riga for the whole Tuesday. Continue our trip from Riga to Vilnius by intercity bus on Wednesday and arrive there in the afternoon. Enjoy Vilnius and meet Christoph there (my personal guide, hopefully ^^). On Thursday midday, going back from Vilnius to Riga by bus and then in the evening from Riga to Tampere and arrive by train in Helsinki again at arround Thursday midnight (11.12.).

Friday will be appartment cleaning & packing day and Saturday (13.12.) will be my departure back home. I'm excited how our trip will be. At all, we are 2 to 3 people on this trip.

Here we go and see you soon!

No comments: