Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bye bye Helsinki


Saturday, 13.12.2008


Time is running by too fast!
On my last 2 days after coming back from my Riga & Vilnius trip, I packed all my things, said good bye to many of my fellow classmates, cleaned my flat and prepared everything to leave.
My flatmate Cedrick already left earlier to another place and I saw him last time on Thursday night, when we came back from Riga.
Seok Heon left on Saturday about 3 hours earlier than me. He took a flight from Helsinki to London to start his time as volunteer at a place for elderly people to support them. He'll stay there till the 2nd week of 2009 and start his tour across Europe thereafter for about 3 weeks till he leaves for South Korea again.

As I was alone on Saturday midday, I returned my flat key to HOAS office downstairs and took the train & bus to Vantaa airport. The airport was not busy at all on this Saturday. I checked in all my baggage (I had about 6kg overweight) for free. Check-in was easy and fast, the flight was really ontime and arrived even a bit earlier in Vienna. The food was excellent, my baggage was the first on the belt in VIE and so I was able to see my parents earlier than scheduled at Vienna International airport :-).

OS345 from VIE arrived exactly on time so my flight was on time as well.

Leaving Helsinki during bad weather conditions.
Approaching into Vienna during bad weather conditions.
Well, the weather is not the reason to go back home :-).



Helsinki & Metropolia (and of course all related persons):
Thank you, it was a great time and a nice and new experience. I won't miss it in any circumstances! I hope to stay in touch with many of you as good as possible.


Hei hei Suomi ja Helsinki. Minä rakastan sinua! Toivottavasti nähdään pian!

This will be the last entry in this blog. I hope you enjoyed reading!
Bye bye readers!

2 comments:

Moe Lwin's Stuff said...

I was hitting the next blog button and I can upon your blog.
Its wonderful experience looking through.
Great pic from the plane, liked it very much.

Wishing You A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year from Singapore.

Anonymous said...

Hello.
I am planning to learn at Metropolia, as well as you did. I have a question regarding life in Helsinki. How much money do I need for a semester generally? Thanks for help.