Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sun? Oh, yeah, I know!

This weekend, we got the chance to enjoy SUN ... yes, the bright thing, far away from our planet :-). Starting at Saturday afternoon, the sky got clear and we saw the amazing, warming, bright and friendly sun. Long time no see!
You definitly have to use this chance and have to go out.

My Saturday afternoon walk to Myyrmäki (45 minutes one-way)

Typical finnish vegetation ... with a blue sky in the background :-)

That's typically finnish as well
Next to (nearly) every road, there's a walking and cycling road paralell to the street. Excellent for pedestrians like me.

What you should know about crosswalks:
1) There are many, many crosswalks in finnish cities
2) NOBODY is stopping for a pedestrian who want to cross
3) Sometimes, they lead you to nowhere (see above)

Finland at it's best

A new residential area in Myyrmäki area. Unfortunatly not my home ;-).

Sunday
Enjoy the weather once again ... this time --> city center.

From the time I arrived in Finland, I have never eaten a hamburger or something similar.
Today, I had to try the famous Hesburger (which is located on every corner throughout the country). This is a nice "Juustohampurilainen".

Tastes like a Cheesburger ... is a cheesburger.
Taste was really good and recommandable.

Oh, sunny day!
As I was looking on my map to see where else to go, a man asked me, if he can help me.
I just showed him the map, as he recognized, that I'm not a Finn ;-). As I told him, that I'm from Austria, he continued speaking German ... he studied 5 years in Vienna and had a real viennese accent. After another few words, he told me, that he lived as well in Zurich. So we continued in "Schwitzerdütsch" which he was able to speak very well.
The world is too small!

To be able to compare, I had to go to McDonald as well. MCD is on every corner here as well!

Does this white building look like a headquater of hugh finnish enterprise?
I don't think so ... but it is one.

It's the HQs of StoraEnso Oyi, a worldwide operating timber producer and -seller.

Yes, I really can cook. At least, I am able to eat what I have "cooked" :-)
Asian fried noodles with chicken, paprika, carrotts, soy sauce and GARLIC ^^.

That's it for today guys & girls.

No comments: