Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Everyday life

Tuesday, 02.09.2008
On Tuesday I had 2 courses, called "Corporate Finance" and "Management & Organisations".

Corporate Finance
First of all, our teacher, Mr. Keaney arrived about 45 minutes late because he had to fix some administrative tasks at the office. Then we were moved to another room, because the one we had been in was occupied right afterwards. Then we started with a short introduction of himself and the topic "Corporate finance". He left a few words about the group assignment and the mid-term and final exam. Afterwards, we started with the first real topic, "The agency problem" and "The principal-agent problem" ... I think I've already heard something about that in "Ablauforganisation" and I think I've written a paper about this topic, together with Mrs. Reininger, right?? ;-).
As far as I can actually judge Mr. Keaney, he seems to be a quite interesting and sweeping story-teller. I'm optimistic on the upcoming lessons.

Management & organisations
This course is held by Mr. Chapman. We just did a short introduction of the course, some administrative tasks and a few things about useful literature and the group assignment. Let's see how this is going on next time.

Wednesday, 03.09.2008
Today I was supposed to have one course, "Culture & Management". Unfortunately, we have been informed that our lecturer, Mr. Kamarul-Baharin is ill and not on the campus for the rest of the week, as we were sitting at the campus. So ... no course for me today.
So I went to the libary and read "The Entrepreneur" and surfed the WWW and went home during mid afternoon, after doing some grocery shoppings.

This evening we're planning to go to sauna ... let's see.

Our dinner ... a pot full of Chili con carne, yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hy, we don´t really know each other ,but my friend Petra and I - christian - are studying on the FHWien too - Corporate communications. and studying here in Helsinki for one semester on Haaga-Helia on the Pasila Campus. very funny!
I didn´t know that there are other students from the FHWien here in Finland - so maybe we will meet someday. e-mail is march_mc@gmx.at
how do you like Finland by the way? we arrived on the 20. of august.

Christian